Pages

Thursday 7 July 2011

Interview and freebie!

The editors of Tea and Crumpet were interviewed recently and the whole text is posted on Jessewave's Review Site. Comment there and you could win a free copy of the ebook! :D Honestly it's a really good read, and I'm not just saying that because one of the stories is mine. There are REAL writers amongst the contributing authors. Great stuff.

I'm planning Nanowrimo 2011 and wondering just how much work one can do beforehand. At the very least I need to read all the available translations of the Gododdin and read up on my 6th century AD archaeology, though I suspect I'll make up a lot of stuff as usual. I'm coming to the conclusion that it's better to just write the story and worry about the historical aspects of it later, especially when dealing with a period where the Otherworld was just a step away and any valley could hold the entrance to Annwfn. I have my characters and I have their situation. I just need to spend a lot of time thinking about the story arc and how to make it tense when everyone [everyone who know Y Gododdin] already knows how it ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment